Sunday, June 28, 2009

the day I caught a ball

I've never been to a baseball game before.
It turns out, it was lot more fun than I had imagined.

Before heading to the Rogers Centre (I really liked Skydome better than Rogers Centre)
CC and I stopped by the Canada Trust Tower,
just cuz we've never been in it before.. lol






I usually try to avoid hollow floors, such as those or CN tower glass floor or even subway vents. I just can't step on them, it's too weird. I always feel like I am going to fall down. And mean CC tried to make me walk on it, though he know I hate them ;-0






so we arrived at the game, and Phillies were just getting warmed up.





it's always funny to take pictures of goofy moments.. lol..



And the game began...
I don't really like or know much about baseball, but it was really fun to watch the game, for sure. Phillies were first, and they scored 4 in first inning, with 3 home runs. wow.




At the very top of the bleachers were a small group of Phillies fans. They had something up but I couldn't clearly make out what it said. Everytime Phillies would score one, they'd get up and dance. It was so funny.

Our seats were right behind a row full of Phillies fans. They were really excited.
I first thought to go and cheer for Jays, but I couldn't help it but clap along with the Phillies fans as they got really really really excited. And the Phillies won 10:0. poor Jays.



Sometime after the 5th innings, the cleaning crew came out and started cleaning as quick as they can, and running back as fast as they can. It was quite entertaining, actually.




Turns out, our seats were just above the bullpen for the Phillies. No wonder we were surrounded by Phillies fans :-S Despite the lack of interest in baseball in general, I hoped to see one guy at the game that day, Chan Ho Park.

He's the pitcher for Phillies and is a sensation in Korea because he was one of firsts to play in MLB as a Korean, I believe...... Apparently he got injured during the game, the one before this one and was not going to pitch. How sad...... BUT!




I did get to see him in the bullpen!!!!!!! He even looked up at me 0_0
If you are a Korean, then you know Chan Ho Park. OMG. This was so HUGE! I never expected to see him so close, or even see him at all. This was amazing. truly.

He pointed his finger at me, signing me that he's gonna throw me a ball and then he did. So I caught it, well the guy next to me caught it and gave it to me actually, but still! I GOT IT!!!! wow I couldn't believe what happened. I am still in shock and awe. CRAZY. Good thing I went to the game. I almost felt like not going, thinking it's gonna be boring... well.. because of that one ball, it just made my day :-D



After the game, CC and I took a picture to remember, forever!!! Too bad the ball wasn't signed, but with or without, it is still a memorable treasure to me. lol.




The ball's even all beaten up, shows it was actually used rather it be during practices or in the game. I just couldn't stop smiling that day. lol.

Next time, maybe I'll go catch a puck at a hockey game ;-D

No comments: