Sunday, June 3, 2012

running


i've been using app on my phone to track how much i ran. but my phone has reached its life and no longer wishes to track my routes for me. i may have to invest in a new gadget; a gps watch.

anyways, this is the longest run so far. just a month ago, i couldn't even run 5km non-stop. now, i am reaching for 10km. it is unbelievable how much i improved since january when i started running. i still do feel like my lungs are going to burst and my legs will fall apart, but it is a great feeling. i enjoy it very much and the sense of accomplishment at the end of a run is truly amazing and rewarding.

i feel my legs becoming stronger, my heart pumping faster, my lungs expanding.... best of all, i feel great. i still have to work on eating healthier, which is super super hard when all i crave are carbs, but slowly my body is showing progress. i know many people who start running give up quickly because you don't get to see the results right away considering it is an intense exercise. but running is a challenge only you can overcome.

the last 100m or so of the finish point is when i give all i have, squeeze that last juice of energy and make a dash for it. the adrenaline is simply mind blowing. running has been a great help for me especially lately to stay focused and clear my thoughts. running is for life..... for me.

No comments: