Wednesday, May 16, 2012

running update


ever since i finished 5k in april, i've been super motivated and been running ever since. my time for 5k was 31.55 minutes at the time. about 3 weeks later, my time has shorten to 24.10 minutes!!! wow! 24!!!!!!!!
i cannot believe it! yes the route i took today was very flat and i ran at night time when the lake breeze was brushing against my face, but still! that's 8 minutes quicker than before. i am so so so so so proud of myself today! and it was the very first time i completed 5km non-stop. yea, my legs feel bit sore and my lungs were hurting really bad when i finished, but i feel amazing. i try to run 3-4 times a week. also i've been running with a friend once a week and i think this helped me improve so much. keeping track of my runs with my phone's app is just amazing. i am just so happy my legs, lungs and heart is getting stronger everyday. i was such a lazy out-of-breath-after-walking-up-the-subway-stairs person 6 months ago and now i feel great! i want to be one of those super grannies who finishes half marathons when i am much older!

No comments: