Thursday, February 10, 2011

Neglected Moments

I wonder, why I am here? Where I am from and heading to?
Don't you reveal my tranquil home, my origin?
-Rumi


"The airport is a metaphor of our existing world, a setting that we get to from different origins, we stay in for a while, and we leave from for different destinations. So I considered the situation the same as a gift, just like life itself, a very unpredictable piece of time which we as humans have been allowed to experience, to explore, to encounter, to walk around, to love, to learn, to help, to teach, to have fun, to play, to amuse and to enjoy.

How many of us close our eyes and miss our opportunities, our very chance just to be out there! Why, every now and then, do we ignore the very moment of our existence? There are always excuses; to be tired or to be in rush are probably two of the most favourite. It does not matter, where we are and how much time we have. What matters is how we use it." 

excerpt from onsite24: migration (fall 2010) written by Reza Aliabadi


---

it's true. i always make excuses and complaints.
i know it's a bad habit and i know that i should do something about it.
but as most bad habits are like the nasty stain on your favourite white shirt.
i will probably look back and think of this moment and remind myself of what i had committed to fix these nasty habits and think of the same things over and over and over again.
perhaps this viscous cycle will never end..... but that does not mean i'll ever give up.

i will look up in the sky once in a while... to remind myself how blue the sky is.
i will walk along  the lake (despite how close it is to my work, i always neglect it and take it for granted)... to remind myself how much the sound of water calms me.
i will say one nice thing about anything at least once a day... to remind myself of karma.
i will try my best not to make compromises with myself.... because that will never get me anywhere.

No comments: