Wednesday, June 30, 2010

[Giselle Potter] whimsical narratives

The Little Grape Stomper




Alone
from The boy who loved words

The Land of Pond

Acrobats from The year I didn't go to school


My drawings and illustrated journals from the years when I travelled with my parents puppet theater, The Mystic Paper Beasts, inspire me a lot now. I graduated from Rhode Island School of Design in 1994 and spent my last year in Rome with RISD’s European Honors Program. After moving to Brooklyn, I got my first freelance illustration job with the New Yorker. My New Yorker Illustrations inspired a lucky chain of work with many magazines and children’s books. Hudson Valley, NY [Giselle Potter]


* * *

I adore the facial expression of Potter's illustrations. The facial features look very similar from one another but they are so full of emotions, making each character unique with his or her own personality. Perfect for children books ;-D

No comments: