Tuesday, May 11, 2010

spam


After endless clicking, I was led to Spam Wikipedia page and discovered there is actually a cookbook for Spam! It was quite interesting to read all about Spam and how 'spam mail' got its name from Monty Python Sketch singing "Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, baked beans, Spam, Spam, Spam and Spam". There could not be more Spam on the menu!!!


SPAM advertisements here. No wonder spam mail got its name. SPAM is EVERYWHERE!


I loved eating Spam as a child and I still do sometimes, and yes I do feel guilty eating them. After learning how 'mysterious' this canned meat can be, I had to control my craving for this sweet and salty pork shoulder ham.

SPAM spells out as:

Something Posing As Meat
Specially Processed Artificial Meat
Stuff, Pork and Ham
Spare Parts Animal Meat
Special Product of Austin Minnesota



Now I feel sorry for my body having eaten Spam just two days ago, and same effect goes for KFC too.
It's just not fair that all the yummy food are mysterious or unhealthy. According to Wikipedia, "about 3.6% of Spam's mass is salt" and "is high in saturated fat and sodium". I do not like salty food.

Also surprising to find out that South Korea is one of the top consumers of Spam as it was introduced during Korean War by the US military.


mmmmmm...... I think I feel like Spam today... damn it!

a funny spam website here.

No comments: