Sunday, April 11, 2010

Neighbourhood Diaries: Stories from where I live



simply l.o.v.e the way kids think..
the world is much more adventurous and exciting without the responsibilities.




this exhibition takes me back to my childhood.



when I was 5, I wanted to be a nurse,
then I realized I cannot bear to look at dissected any biological things,
I wanted to become a teacher, a fashion designer, a lawyer, a singer, a accountant, an architect.....



but my life is so much different now....
I look at some of what the kids have written and it amazes me how fast they learn to the high-tech world.
with computers, nintendo, playstation...
it is quite unfortunate that the younger generations don't get much outdoor time as I used to,
not that I was an athlete.... but.......



I have lost the child in me...
and this exhibition made me bring her back...
I am glad I remembered how fun it was to be a kid :-D



Neighbourhood Diaries: Stories from where I live now on at main gallery at Harbourfront Centre.
April 10 - June 13, 2010.

for more stories visit Neighbourhood Diaries

1 comment:

Mia said...

They are so cute...the innocence of kids in my opinion is that one thing that this world is missing